Librarian – Youth Services
Timberland Regional Library
February 2012 – December 2013 (1 year 11 months)
- Providing reference service in a public library setting for all ages. Educating patrons on library resources, with a focus on coordinating and implementing programs for youth ages 0-18.
- Providing computer assistance for the public and staff, utilizing the integrated library system SirsiDynix Symphony, library website, and library databases. Depositing library monies and completing financial reports.
- Managing a budget for youth services programming.
- Managing the branch in the absence of the branch manager.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers, processing volunteer timesheets and recording their hours.
- Troubleshooting technology related issues in the branch.
- Conducting outreach and creating partnerships in the community. Writing and researching library policy.
- District committee work including the teen online committee (spearheading efforts broaden online outreach by implementing new web 2.0 service platforms), and contributing to district-wide summer reading planning committee which included planning and judging a successful, five county district-wide, library-themed, Minecraft contest for teens.
January 2011 – January 2012 (1 year 1 month)
- Writing book reviews for eARCS for netgalley, writing articles for eHow. Creating and managing a popular book blog.
Adult Services Librarian/Assistant
City of Frisco
August 2010 – January 2011 (6 months)
- Working two busy Adult Information Desks and serving a diverse community, performing research.
- Teaching computer classes to adults, conducting and planning ereader workshops.
- Working on website committee to revamp library’s website to a content management system.
- Performing reader’s advisory, working as the department’s “super user” and installing programs on public PCs, troubleshooting equipment and technology, answering reference phone calls.
- Conducting web usability study on patrons, using web stats to make data driven decisions, updating the library’s website (www.friscolibrary.com), participating in website redesign committee.
- Committees and Special Assignments: Adult Services Super User, Website Committee, Website Redesign Committee, Social Media Committee
Youth Services Library Assistant
City of Frisco
April 2009 – August 2010 (1 year 5 months)
- Planning and conducting regular story time programs for children
- Providing reference and readers advisory services to teens and children. Updating the website and utilizing HTML.
- Creating flannels for story time. Attending workshops and continually seeking ways to enhance library services for youth.
- Creating pamphlets and documents (spreadsheets, schedules, procedural, etc).
- Creating and maintaining the library’s first blog, and using it to educate staff and public about available online services.
- Collaborating and working with teen volunteers
- Special projects include: volunteer committee for Lone Star Storytelling Festival; Website Redesign Committee; RFID Retagging Committee; Teen Film Festival, and more.
City of Frisco
August 2008 – April 2009 (9 months)
- Shelving and checking in library materials.
- Creating and maintaining user accounts.
- Answering phones, directing patrons and other misc. circulation duties.
- Special Projects Include: Performing letterpress demonstrations for 3rd graders at the city’s Heritage Museum
Springville Public Library
October 2007 – February 2008 (5 months)
- Shelving adult non-fiction and teen fiction.
- Maintaining respective collections.
- Shelf reading and dusting and occasionally assisting patrons on the computers.
Hit Web Design
August 2006 – July 2007 (1 year)
- Editing, revising, and creating text for client websites.
- Considering audience and SEO. Multi-tasking a number of accounts and meeting deadlines.
- Calling clients to discuss goals for web content.
- Performing quality control on websites before they went live.
Provo City Library
August 2005 – August 2006 (1 year 1 month)
- Checking out library materials to patrons.
- Answering the phone at circulation and calling patrons for holds.
- Entering data on patron accounts and creating new accounts
University of North Texas
Masters, Library and Information Science
2009 – 2010
Activities and Societies: ALA Spectrum Scholar, Beta Phi Mu: Intl. Library and Information Studies Honor Society, ALA, REFORMA, LITA, RUSA, YALSA, Dean’s List
Brigham Young University
Bachelors, English (Creative Writing)
2004 – 2006
North Idaho College
Associate of Arts, General Arts and Sciences
Activities and Societies: Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Dean’s List, English Tutor